Tis the season for holiday parties galore. Starting soon, we’ll be going to celebrations all season long, leaving us frequently hungover, dehydrated, and all around exhausted.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t still pull it together and look hot. Nicole Pearl, beauty expert extraordinaire and founder of The Beauty Girl, gives us her best tips for looking good when beauty sleep isn’t in the cards.
- Slip on a chic headband (Goody has great, affordable options) to transition from corporate to cocktails, Pearl says. For sophisticated styles, think satins, rhinestone accents, metallics and jewel tones.
- Slick on red or berry lipstick. Bold lips create instant glamour.
- Leave your practical, comfy work shoes under your desk and change into a higher heel or sleek boot before heading to the holiday party, Pearl recommends. This switcheroo will make you stand straighter and present yourself with more poise and confidence.
- Caffeine may perk you up throughout the day, but it can't hide dark circles. Gently dab a light reflective concealer under your eyes to cover darkness and brighten up your face.
- Warm skin by dusting a bronzer just under the cheekbones and on other body parts that are showing like shoulders and décolleté.
- A teaspoon of honey helps break down the alcohol in your system.
- If you're prone to puffy eyes, double your pillows. The extra elevation helps the fluid drain so it won't pool and cause puffiness. If you do wake up with puffy eyes, slap on some cold cucumbers.
- When you feel blah and look exhausted, attract light to your face by using a shadow with a hint of shimmer. Finish by applying a silvery shadow to the inner corner of the eyes to make them look bigger.