Olympic Recipe: Salmon Sliders
Executive Chef Dave Danielson and his team from Chicago's Behind-The-Scenes catering are feeding many of the athletes in Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Games.
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ¾ Pound Skinless Salmon Fillet, Cut into 1/4 Inch Dice
- ¾ Cup Panko Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Minced Green Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Mesclun Greens, Washed & Spun Dry
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Slider Rolls
- Asian Cucumber Relish (Recipe to Follow)
- Sprigs Fresh Cilantro, Garnish
- Preheat the Oven to 400 Degrees F
- In a Medium Bowl, Whisk Together the Egg White, Woy Sauce & Sesame Oil. Add the Salmon, ¼ Cup of the Panko, & the Green Onions & Mix. Form into Patties to Fit the Selected Bun.
- Roll Edge of Each Pattie in Black Sesame Seeds.
- In a Large, Non-Stick Ovenproof Skillet, Heat the Vegetable Oil Over Medium Heat. Add the Salmon Patties & Cook for 1 Minute. Turn, Place in the Oven & Cook Until Medium-Rare, About 3 Minutes. Remove from the Oven.
- In a Bowl, Toss Together the Mesclun & the Olive Oil. Lightly Season this Mixture with Salt & Pepper.
- Lightly Toast Each Bun & Place a Salmon Burger on Each. Top with the Cucumber Relish, Micro Greens, & Spear a Wasabi Mayonnaise to Taste.
- Serve Immediately.
More Olympic Recipes:
Duck Confit & Wild Mushroom Flatbread