Olympic Recipe: Crab Cakes
Executive Chef Dave Danielson and his team from Chicago's Behind-The-Scenes catering are feeding many of the athletes in Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Games.
- 1 ½ cups of cornflake crumbs
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 ½ teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, corded, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh chive
- ¼ teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375. Distribute the cornflake crumbs.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the butter and in accompaniments in a bowl and toss gently until well blended. Make 8 crab cakes no more than 3 inches thick, pressing the ingredient together well.
- Place the cakes on the crumbs and coat lightly on all sides. Put crab cakes on a baking sheet and dot each with a bit of butter.
- Bake the cakes until just hot, about 6 minutes & Serve.
- Bon Appetite!
More Olympic Recipes:
Duck Confit & Wild Mushroom Flatbread