Effortless Clothes Shopping for Dudes
The Trunk Club offers personal styling services
Men and shopping usually go together like Britney Spears and Kevin Federline -- bottom line, it's just not a match made in heaven.
Entrepreneur Brian Spaly realized that the shopping gene was just missing from the male population, so he decided to make the process a little less daunting by starting a service that takes all the work out of buying clothes.
He took his skills and knowledge in the fashion biz (he was also the founder of Bonobos before his move to Chicago) and launched the Trunk Club in River North. His mission? To make it easy-as-pie for guys to get awesome clothes without all the hoopla.
To sum it up for all the dudes out there, the Trunk Club means no longer having to go to stores, try on clothes, return clothes, or worry about any of the hassles that go along with the annoying chore you affectionately call "shopping."
Here's how it works:
- Fill out some questions about yourself so they get the feel for your style, measurements and clothing needs. This will really be the biggest effort you'll have to make during this process.
- Trunk Club assigns you your own stylist, where you then have a one-one-one consultation via Skype, phone or email (ah, the glory of technology).
- Your stylist, aka your new BFF, goes into the Trunk Club "vault," where they choose from a wide array of designers including well-known brands like Jack Spade and lesser-known, amazing labels like Jach. Your stylist selects clothes for you and ships them out to you in outfits, including pants, shirt, belt, shoes and accessories.
- Once you receive your looks, your stylist will check back in with you (again, you can be sitting on your couch during this whole process, no need to move) and can evaluate the outfits and even do a fitting on camera.
- Anything you don't want, you just throw back into the box (complete with pre-paid shipping label) and send it on its way.
How convenient -- a service that lets you spend even more time on the couch. Just in time for fall football.
Kim Peiffer is the founder of The Glow List, a website dedicated to fitness, beauty, healthy eating, spa and travel.