The Jersey Boy finally ends their Chicago run this weekend.
It may be cold, but you should still get out of the house this weekend.
In the box office:
- Amy Adams plans to propose to her boyfriend in the romantic comedy “Leap Year.”
- Michael Cera stars in “Youth in Revolt” as a teenager trying to lose his virginity.
- Ethan Hawke plays a scientist and a vampire in the sci-fi film "Daybreakers."
- "The Loss of a Tear Drop Diamond," a screenplay the late Tennessee Williams wrote in the 1950’s has finally arrived to the big screen.
- Christopher Plummer is in a fight to save his daughter from the devil in "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus."
- If you have not seen Jersey Boys then you better head to the Bank of America Theatre soon. The final curtain call for the long running musical is Sunday.
- Also closing Sunday is The Addams Family musical. Head over to the Ford Center for the Performing Art Oriental Theatre before it is too late.
- "The Merry Widow,” a classic battle of the sexes -- wraps up it’s run at the Lyric Opera of Chicago January 16th.
- Some Chicago high school students have been hard at work writing short plays for Pegasus Players 24th annual Young Playwrites Festival. You can check this out at Truman Colleges’ O’Rourke Center through the end of the month.
- Need a laugh or maybe a few laughs? The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival is celebrating its 9th annual event at the Theatre Building Chicago now through January 17th.
- Comedian Ralphie May headlines at the Chicago Improv in Schaumburg through Sunday.
- Chicago’s Latin diva of comedy, Patti Vasquez, will also be stirring a few laughs this weekend. She is performing at Zanies Comedy Night Club in Old Town through Sunday.
- Led Zeppelin will be rocking out at the House of Blues Friday and Saturday.
- Toast to the king of Rock ‘n’ Roll Friday night for his 75th birthday at Orso’s Restaurant downtown.
- And if you want to see Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi and Jason Derulo perform live head over to the Rosemont Theatre.
Still recuperating from all that holiday spending? The 312 Dining Diva feels your pain and has some suggestions for cheap eats this weekend.
Enjoy the weekend!
Published at 5:08 PM CDT on Jan 8, 2010