Almost 150 sketch comedy groups from Chicago and around the globe will perform before it's all said and done, and while Week 1 may have left you rolling on the floor, there's plenty of belly laughs still to come.
If you can only make a few shows this weekend, here's our recommendations:
- The Laura on Laura Comeback Tour features Laura Grey from the Second City e.t.c. Stage. Its' described as one part Flight of the Conchords, one part Cagney and Lacey, and another part self-help meets Hall and Oates -- an absurdly earnest attempt at the Ultimate Rock Show. Thursday, 8 p.m.
- The Tim and Micah Project is a quirky, whimsical mix of cerebral humor and goofy shenanigans. Friday, 8 p.m.
- BriTANick is a hilarious duo from New York and regulars at the Upright Citizens Brigade. Friday and Saturday at 11 p.m.
- pH Productions presents It's Only Rock & Roll, But I Like It, a group of top-notch Chicago improvisers in an original musical homage to classic rock. Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Best Church of God is a satirical church service with smart writing and deadpan social commentary. Sunday, 1 p.m.
- Shock & Awe Review features beloved comedy masters Jamie Swise and T.J. Jagodowski.
Sketchfest tickets are $12.50 per time slot, although many include two groups for the price of one. Purchase tickets and check out the full schedule at chicagosketchfest.com.
Ali Weiss is a contributing writer for CheekyChicago.com.