And then there were five.
Five local singers are set to compete for a chance to win round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for two in LA, $500 cash and a live gig at a Culver City, CA club called Rush Street in front of record company representatives.
Here's the finalists:
- Chante Linwood: A unique singer who's hard to pigeonhole into any easy classification.
- Enrico Bellomo: Gets raves for his powerful, operatic voice that's perfect for show tunes.
- Lauren Wolf: Janis Joplin meets Bettte Midler. She's got strong vocals and powerful lungs.
- Big Llou Johnson: Think Barry White with his deep, low voice. He's considered the MOST charismatic vocalist to ever take the stage at Mahoney's.
- Francessa Landry: A pop/dance star in waiting. She's got the looks and the chops.
Three judges help determine the winner along with the audience, via text messaging.
Wednesday, 8-11 p.m, Mahoney’s Pub & Grille, 551 North Ogden Ave., (312) 733-2121