Have a bottle of wine that you've been dying to drink but waiting for a special occasion that never seems to arise? Your time has come. It's the 10th annual "Open That Bottle Night," the brainchild of Wall Street Journal's Tastings columnists Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher, this Saturday, Feb. 28, and 12 Chicago restaurants will make it worth your while to slide the cork out of that cherished bottle -- finally.
These restaurants and lounges across the area will offer no corkage fee on "Open That Bottle Night," so if you have several wines reserved for the occasion, you won't have to worry about the charges piling up. And, even if you don't have a special wine set aside (we're not so good about laying bottles down, either), several of the venues will feature discounts on wine by the bottle on Saturday evening.
The following restaurants are participating in "Open That Bottle Night":
- Angelina Ristorante, Lakeview (no corkage fee)
- D.O.C. Wine Bars, Lincoln Park and Lakeview (no corkage fee and 50 percent off select bottles)
- Dunlays on Clark, Lincoln Park and Dunlays on the Square, Logan Square (no corkage fee and 50 percent off select bottles)
- Frasca Pizzeria & Wine Bar, Lakeview (no corkage fee and 50 percent off select bottles)
- Kit Kat Lounge & Supper Club, Lakeview (no corkage fee on the first bottle and 20 percent off the entire bottle list)
- Nacional 27, River North (no corkage fee and 30 percent off the reserve wine list)
- Park 52, Hyde Park (no corkage fee, which kicks off no corkage fee Sundays at the restaurant)
- Red Kiva, West Loop (no corkage fee and 50 percent off the entire wine and champagne list)
- Smoke Daddy, Wicker Park (no corkage fee and 50 percent off select bottles)
- Zocalo, River North (no corkage fee and 30 percent off entire bottle list)