Chicago area resident have a new way to get spooked this Halloween season.
Fear City debuts Oct. 1 in Morton Grove and will operate for the entire month.
The 40,000 square foot facility is located at 8240 North Austin Avenue, and features 50 live actors who roam the stages and mazes assisted by scary audio, lighting and video effects during a 30-minute show.
Participants roam through the facility on an El train car, and move through a number of Chicago-themed rooms that include a seedy Uptown clinic, a Cicero hotel, graffiti-marred alley ways, a scrap metal junk yard, a Fulton Market slaughter house, a "Blago" clown house.
Tickets are $25-$35 per person and the attraction is open 7-11 p.m. during the week, and until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
Some other haunted houses and experiences in the Chicago area include:
- Asylum Xperiment Haunted House (Villa Park)
- Screams in the Park (Rosemont)
- Eleventh Hour (Elk Grove)
- Statesville Haunted Prison
- Psychosis Haunted House (Elgin)
- Amhurst Asylum (Valpraiso, IN)
- Massacre Haunted House (Naperville)
- Haunted Halloweeen Tour (Chicago)
- Chicagoween (Chicago)
- Disturbed (Chicago)