Official Rules: Chicago Auto Show Talent Search
WHEN: Friday, Feb 12, 2010 between 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: McCormick Place Grand Concourse lobby near North Hall entrance
PROVIDED: Stage (28 ft wide/12 ft deep/2 ft high) and Microphone (Hand held or stand)
Any thing else that you need -- bring it with you!
NBC 5 Chicago will videotape performances between 12:00p.m. - 2:00pm. Highlights of performances may be recorded and/or edited to be part of a segment on the auto show special that airs Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. and again on Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. (at NBC 5’s sole discretion) and other times and other stations around the country. Master of ceremonies will be LeeAnn Trotter, entertainment reporter.
- Line up at the stage begins at 11:00 am. First come, first served basis.
- Contestants will be asked to sign a waiver, acknowledging that they may be recorded and/or featured on television. Contestants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign and to monitor performance.
- Audience will consist of anyone attending the Chicago Auto Show.
- No purchase necessary to be a contestant or to watch the talent show.
- Each contestant who performs between 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. will receive two (2) tickets to attend the Chicago Auto Show. (value $22.00 for both tickets)
- Panel of three (3) judges provided by the management of the Chicago Auto Show will determine the winner of the talent show.
- The winner will be decided by the judges at or about 2:00 p.m.
- The winner will be contacted by phone or email.
- Contestants will have up to two (2) minutes on stage to sing, dance, juggle, tell jokes, play an instrument, or perform whatever their special talent may be.
- On-stage performances must meet community and broadcast standards.
- Any rule interpretations not outlined here are the final decision of the Management of the Chicago Auto Show at their sole discretion.
The winner will be invited to appear as a live guest on the NBC 5 Auto Show (at NBC 5’s sole discretion) special Saturday February 13, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. and will receive the Auto Show prize package that includes, but is not limited to: a weekend stay at the Sheraton Chicago and a variety of Chicago Auto Show logo merchandise. (Auto Show prize package value $500)