Think you've got what it takes to wow a set of local judges with your special talent.
Find out at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show Talent Search.
On Friday February, 11 singers, dancers and all sorts of other imaginative folks will head to the McCormick Place Lobby to show what they've got.
Here's how it works.
WHEN: Friday, Feb 11, 2011 between 12:00p.m. – 2:00pm
WHERE: McCormick Place Lobby – concourse level entrance to the South Hall.
MICROPHONE. Hand held or stand.
Any thing else that you need -- bring it with you!
NBC 5 Chicago will videotape performances between 12:00p.m. - 2:00pm. Highlights of performances may be recorded and/or edited to be part of a segment on the auto show special that airs Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. and again on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 11:00 p.m. (at NBC 5’s sole discretion) and other times and other stations around the country. Master of ceremonies will be an NBC representative or reporter.
· Line up at the stage begins at 11:00 am. First come, first served basis.
· Contestants will be asked to sign a waiver, acknowledging that they may be recorded and/or featured on television. Contestants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign and to monitor performance.
· Audience will consist of anyone attending the Chicago Auto Show.
· No purchase necessary to be a contestant or to watch the talent show.
· Each contestant who performs between 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. will receive two (2) tickets to attend the Chicago Auto Show. (value $22.00 for both tickets)
· Panel of three (3) judges provided by the management of the Chicago Auto Show will determine the winner of the talent show.
· The winner will be decided by the judges at or about 2:00 p.m.
· The winner will be contacted by phone or email.
· Contestants will have up to two (2) minutes on stage to sing, dance, juggle, tell jokes, play an instrument, or perform whatever their special talent may be.
· On-stage performances must meet community and broadcast standards.
· Any rule interpretations not outlined here are the final decision of the Management of the Chicago Auto Show at their sole discretion.
· PRIZE PACKAGE: The winner will be invited to appear as a live guest on the NBC 5 Auto Show (at NBC 5’s sole discretion) special Saturday February 12, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. and will receive the Auto Show prize package that includes, but is not limited to: a weekend stay at the Sheraton Chicago and a variety of Chicago Auto Show logo merchandise. (Auto Show prize package value $500)