Take a Bite: Refueling After Winter Workout
Updated 7:15 AM CDT, Mon, Jan 17, 2011
Enjoy one of these smart snacks within 30 minutes after your winter sports/activity. Each one has a perfect combo of carbohydrates to replenish cells and protein to repair muscle.
- hot chocolate (carbs & protein from milk)
- warm pear with greek yogurt & granola (carbs from pear/granola & protein from Greek yogurt)
- chicken noodle soup (carbs from noodles & protein from chicken)
- warm bean dip with whole corn chips (carbs from chips & protein from beans)
- quick whole grain english muffin pizza (carbs from english muffin & protein from cheese)