A shirtless man vandalized a posh Beverly Hills restaurant Thursday night, hurling wine bottles at customers and damaging a television, before casually walking out and being arrested, police said.
No one was hurt, but nearly two dozen patrons at Enoteca Drago at 410 Canon Drive ran for cover after the man walked into the Italian restaurant before 10 p.m., went behind the bar counter and began throwing bottles - about 40 of them - without speaking.
A few minutes later, the suspect identified as 29-year-old Kishane Karim Almendarez, left the Italian restaurant through a back door.
"Very random. I've asked a lot of our patrons and a lot of our employees both here and our restaurant next door and nobody's ever seen this gentleman before," said the restaurant's owner, Steven Piano. "I can't explain it."
Almendarez allegedly continued his rampage by breaking windshields on parked cars, but was soon met by police and arrested for felony vandalism.
More Southern California Stories:
- Couple of 75 Years Die a Day Apart
- Judge Orders Feds to Return Stripper’s $1M
- West Nile Virus Infects Calif. Man
- Feds: Man Tries Stealing $163K Worth of Beef
- Flash-Flood Watch Issued Across SoCal
- Baseball Team to Honor Slain Menifee Boy
- USC AD: Lane Kiffin Not on Hot Seat