Man Sues Doctor Over 8-Month Erection

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A Delaware truck driver who says a penile implant gave him an erection that lasted eight months is suing the doctor who performed the surgery.

    The medical malpractice lawsuit brought by 44-year-old Daniel Metzgar of Newark against Wilmington urologist Dr. Thomas Desperito is being heard in New Castle County Superior Court in Wilmington.

    Metzgar told jurors Tuesday that the inflatable prosthesis made him feel like less of a man. He had testified earlier that he has gotten a replacement prosthesis, but he does not experience the same level of sensation.

    The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Desperito's attorney, Colleen Shields, says the doctor told Metzgar the prosthesis had to be removed four months after the surgery. She said Metzgar didn't do anything for months after that visit.