And then there was one.
Taj Gibson is now the only player remaining from the Bulls original "Bench Mob" unit as reserve guard Ronnie Brewer agreed to a deal with the New York Knicks on Tuesday.
The Bulls decided not to pick up Brewer’s option for the 2012-2013 season and let him walk in free-agency.
Brewer joins C.J. Watson (New Jersey Nets), Omer Asik (Houston Rockets), John Lucas III (Toronto Raptors) and Kyle Korver (Atlanta Hawks) as key members of the Bulls second unit that will wear different uniforms next season.
"Brew" made an impact in his two seasons in a Bulls uniform. He averaged 6.9 points per game last season in almost 25 minutes of playing time and was a tremendous spark off the bench, especially on defense where he always seemed to make plays by being in the right place at the right time.
His late season benching last year was baffling, but with the team leaning more towards second-year swingman Jimmy Butler for the upcoming season, Brewer became expendable.
- Ronnie Brewer to New York (NJ.com)
- Bulls rebuilt roster and the art of not spending (Yahoo! Sports)
- How does a small market team win a title? (Chicago Bulls Confidential)
- Chicago native Patrick Beverley hoping to latch on with the Bulls (ESPN Chicago)
- Kobe Bryant or Dirk Nowitzki to the Bulls in '14? (SBNation Chicago)