After the 2012 Olympics, Chicago Bulls All-Star Luol Deng has continued to make his presence felt on the international stage. He recently teamed up with Tanzanian NBA player Hasheem Thabeet to host a basketball clinic in his homeland, and now Deng is one of several NBA players and coaches participating in the league’s annual Basketball Without Borders camp in Johannesburg, South Africa which began on Thursday.
Deng isn’t the only person with ties to the Bulls in Johannesburg. Assistant coach Ron Adams is there along with former Bulls assistant Jim Boylan, C.J.Watson who is now a member of the Brooklyn Nets and Thabo Sefalosha who currently plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The camp consists of daily life skills seminars, coaching clinics, scrimmages and a draft which allows coaches to pick their teams for the remainder of the camp.
- Luol Deng, Hoops Ambassador (NBA.com)
- Bulls top plays of 2012 (Rant Sports)
- Phil Jackson says Sam Smith’s book “The Jordan Rules” helped the Bulls (Bettor.com)
- An alternate view on the Bulls being ‘smart spenders’ (SB Nation Chicago)
- Chicago Bulls All-Decade starting fives (Bleacher Report)