The Chicago Bulls will officially open training camp on Monday, Oct. 1 at the Berto Center in Deerfield. The fist official practice will take place on Oct. 2. And that's pretty much all we know at this point.
Once the season officially kicks off and NBA preseason predictions start making their rounds on the web, fans shouldn't be surprised to see the Bulls ranked near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings - sixth through eighth, at best.
But the first day in October will be the first chance we get to see this new iteration of the Bulls together in uniform for the first time. As exciting as that may seem, it also begins the sobering reality that when the Bulls host the Memphis Grizzlies in the first preseason game of the year on Oct. 9, Derrick Rose won’t be there. But such is life.
- Bulls still No. 2 in the East, even without D. Rose? (Chicago Bulls Confidential)
- Nate Robinson's contract is unguaranteed (CSN Chicago)
- Joakim Noah to attend the Peace Basketball Tournament this weekend (ABC Chicago)
- Luol Deng has what it takes to lead the Bulls (Bleacher Report)
- The telling tears of Derrick Rose (Chicago RedEye)