Hockey Wager Pits Mayor Against Mayor
Want to bet?
The NHL Western Conference Finals between the Sharks and Blackhawks begins at high noon Sunday at the HP Pavilion.
As customary in these sporting situations, the political big wigs are making a "friendly" wager on the series outcome.
Mayor Richard Daley and San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed both put up swag baskets filled with their perspective city's finest foods.
Daley even upped the ante by offering lamb chops and steaks from Harry Caray's.
Here is what Chicago is offering:
- Kim & Scott's Pretzels
- Harry Caray's Restaurant
- Al's Beef
- Terry's Toffee
- Vitner’s Chips
- Windy City Soda
- Billy Goat Tavern
- World’s Finest Chocolate
- Abundance Bakery
- Connie’s Pizza
- Vienna Beef
- Azteca Products
- Garrett Popcorn Shops
- Golden Dragon Fortune
- Half Acre Brewery
- Robinson’s Ribs
- Illinois Specialty Cut Flowers
- BJ’s Market
- Eli’s Cheesecake
And here's what San Jose is putting on the table:
- Chiaramonte’s Deli and Sausages
- Eggo waffles -- note that the Eggo waffle was invented in San Jose in the 1930s and is manufactured in San Jose.
- Eulipia Restaurant
- Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
- Greenlee’s Bakery
- J. Lohr Wines
- Joseph George Wines
- La Victoria Taqueria
- San Pedro Square Urban Market
- Schurra’s Candy
- Shuei-Do Manju Shop
- Various San Jose Farmer’s Market vendors, including: Calolea California Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar; Mayberry Workshop Custom Apparel; R&J Toffees; Small Bees Honey; and Teagré Tea.