Most Bears players played dumb.
"What?" Cornerback Charles Tillman deadpanned.
Brett Favre. He's back.
"When?" Defensive tackle Israel Idonije asked.
"Who cares, I'm tired of it," said Adewale Ogunleye after practice.
"Congratulations" said an uninterested Tommie Harris.
For who, Favre of the Vikings?
They don't need any bulletin board material for the November 29th meeting in Minnesota, when they see Favre for the first time wearing Viking purple.
But the truth is the Bears have had success against Favre, REALLY REALLY GOOD success. =Favre has thrown more touchdown passes to Bear defenders than his own receivers. In his last six games against Lovie Smith's Bears, he has won only twice, while throwing thirteen interceptions, three returned for touchdowns. The Bears are licking their chops.
But Favre won't be asked to do it all. He has the top running back in Adrian Peterson, a deep threat in Bernard Berrian and a very good defense to back him up.
The last time Brett Favre left Soldier Field he was crying on Football Night in America on NBC with sideline reporter Andrea Kremer. Maybe the Bears defense will bring a tear to his eye on Monday Night Football this season upon his return December 28th.
At this prospect, defensive tackle Israel Idonije smiled.
"Well, I don't have a sack against Brett Favre yet, so I might have to put him on my hit list."
BEARS TRAINING CAMP DAY 15:
* Full pads for the Bears with only two days left of camp.
* With Left Tackle Orlando Pace sitting out, Jay Cutler had a rough day trying to avoid the Bears pass rush. Alex Brown tipped passes, Lance Briggs picked one, could have had two.
* Lovie Smith had high praise for Corey Graham after Saturday's game with a sack off the blitz. Graham was rewarded today with extensive work with the 1's at Right Corner.
* Injured players Zack Bowman and Charles Tillman were both in full pads and did extensive conditioning work on the side.
* Danieal Manning still out nursing that hamstring strain.
* Sight Seen: DB Coach Jon Hoke working with WR Brandon Rideau on separation moves.