Mayor Daley is taking some time off this week on the heels of (coincidentally or not) showing up for work on Monday with a welt near his right eye supposedly due to a weight-lifting injury.
We've got some other ideas about how he might have gotten hurt.
- Slipped and fell on all that TIF district money falling out of his pockets.
- Punched in face by Maggie for moving her arts program off of Block 37 for a comic book store.
- Fell into a pothole while leaving Schaller's Pump.
- Tripped while racing a parking enforcement officer to his car's expired meter.
- Laying groundwork for insurance scam so he can use money to restore Venetian Night.
- Punched in face by Patrick Ryan for wasting two years of his life.
- Guitar Hero mishap.
- Slept on his face funny while filling in for a Streets and San worker.
- Really heavy filing cabinet filled with secret documents fell on him.