Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off

Sunday, Jun 1, 2014  |  Updated 12:43 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off

An ambulance technician looking for an early morning cup of coffee at a Long Island Dunkin' Donuts was in the right place at the right time.
 
Authorities say the man went into the store in Carle Place around 4 a.m. Friday. He happened to be wearing a carbon monoxide detector, which went off indicating high levels of the gas.
 
The technician got the employees out of the store and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and prolonged exposure is dangerous. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC 5... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out