A 10-year-old boy fought back against two robbers who tried to break into his family's home in Brooklyn Monday, grabbing a gun dropped by one of the suspects and firing a shot that scared them off, police said.
The robbers, one of whom was dressed in a FedEx uniform, entered the house on 80th Street in Canarsie at about 5:15 p.m., where nine people were home, and demanded cash, according to police.
When one of the suspects pointed a gun through a doorway, someone slammed the door on the suspect's arm, causing him to drop the gun.
The boy picked up the gun and fired a shot, but did not hit anyone. The other suspect also fired a shot, according to police, which also did not strike anyone.
The suspects then fled the home, police said.
No one was injured.
More Local Stories:
- NYPD Steps Up Patrols, Resources After 22 Shot in 3 Days
- 3-Year-Old Child Hit by Car in Manhattan: FDNY
- 104 Alleged Johns Nabbed in L.I. Prostitution Sting
- Woman, 57, Found Stabbed, Dead in Brooklyn Basement
- 5 Hurt When Balcony Collapses on Long Island