9/11 Victim's Remains Identified, More Than 11 Years After Attack

Wednesday, Apr 17, 2013  |  Updated 2:41 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Sky Cowboys: Working at Top of World Trade

AP

advertisement
Photos and Videos

NYC to Sift Construction Debris for More Remains of 9/11 Victims

The city will once again start sifting through debris recovered near the World Trade Center site to look for human remains from the 9/11 terror attacks. Checkey Beckford has the mixed reactions from victims' families.

The World Trade Center: How We Want to Remember It

The twin towers, shown in all their beauty, before 2001. This is how we want to remember the World Trade Center.
More Photos and Videos

A 55-year-old man who died in the 2001 World Trade Center attack has had a piece of his remains identified for the first time, officials said Wednesday.

The medical examiner's office said the identification was made by retesting remains recovered during the cleanup operation that ended 11 years ago next month.

It was not linked to the new sifting of debris from construction sites around the trade center site that began earlier this month.

The identification of the victim, whose name was not released, brings the total number of people whose remains have been found to 1,635. The attacks in New York killed 2,750 people.

The medical examiner has said it will continue to work with the thousands of pieces of remains it has collected, as new technology becomes available.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out