5 Hospitalized After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese | NBC Chicago
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

5 Hospitalized After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese

Officials have taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    California officials say five people were hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station.

    The Sacramento Bee reports officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb. Sacramento health officials are also investigating four cases that may be related.

    Video Shows Officer Rescue Baby Deer From Storm Drain

    [NATL-DFW] Caught on Video: Officer Saves Deer From Storm Drain

    A New Jersey police officer is credited with rescuing three deer in the past year. He is now affectionately known as "The Deer Whisperer," and his latest rescue was caught on camera. The cute baby deer was trapped in a storm drain. Officer Timothy Majek, a 22 year veteran of the Woodbridge Police Department, quickly came to the rescue. Majek, a self-professed animal lover, jumped into the drain and lifted the fawn to safety. 

    (Published 6 hours ago)

    Botulism is an illness that can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

    Officials have since taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks. Employees have not responded to requests for comment.

    One of the victims has filed a lawsuit against the gas station. Lavinia Kelly has been in the hospital for three weeks. She says the illness caused her to lose her ability to keep her eyelids open.