Chicago Man Missing on Second Wedding Anniversary

Search called off Tuesday night, will resume after sunrise

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Edward Naklicki, 59, was last seen Friday by his wife as she hugged and kissed him goodbye for his job as an electrical contractor. Rob Elgas reports. (Published Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012)

    The search for a missing Chicago man was called off Tuesday evening, but officials said they planned to resume their search after sunrise.

    Edward Naklicki, 59, was last seen Friday by his wife as she hugged and kissed him goodbye for his job as an electrical contractor. Tuesday marked the couple's second wedding anniversary.

    "We are very happy. We have a little puppy and we are happy. We have a lot of plans and I really don't know what to say," Barbara Naklicki said.

    Chicago police have so far searched the Ottawa Trails Woods near Lyons, near the place where Naklicki's cargo van was found in a parking lot Monday. His belongings, including a lunch box and a checkbook, remained inside the vehicle.

    The van had been on the forest preserve property since Friday, collecting ticket after ticket without any further investigation. Family members said they filed a missing persons report with the Chicago Police Department, but the van and the report weren't matched up because of a mistake in how the vehicle's license plate was recorded.

    Search dogs from the Cook County, Kane County and the Chicago Police Department have had no hits.

    Police have finished processing Naklicki's van and have released it to his family.

    Photo: Edward Naklicki's van, in the background, near the Ottawa Trails Woods near Lyons on Tuesday.