Fire Destroys Former Battery Business

Monday, Apr 11, 2011  |  Updated 9:21 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Destroys Former Battery Business

File Image

advertisement

A vacant Chicago building that once housed a battery business is likely a total loss after a fire tore through the multi-story structure, officials said.

Flames could be seen coming from the roof on Monday afternoon, said Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford.

Fire officials had issued a hazardous material alert initially because it was unknown if there were still batteries in the building.

The owner of a related business across the street said he believed the fire was sparked by an electrical problem, given the age of the building, CBS Chicago reported.

No injuries were reported, said Langford.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC 5... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out