What to Do With the Leftovers
The good people at Butterball know that some people plan to have leftovers and offer up a few tips on what to do with them
The good people at Butterball know that some people plan to have leftovers and offer up a few tips on what to do with them.
Four Cheese Turkey Mac & Cheese
This classic comfort food puts turkey leftovers to good use with a delicious blend of four cheeses and a garlic breadcrumb topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped cooked leftover Butterball® Turkey
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) EACH shredded Swiss, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup soft white or whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- Combine cooked pasta and turkey in large bowl. In separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Gradually stir cheese into milk mixture. Stir milk mixture into pasta.
- Spoon pasta mixture into well-sprayed 3-quart casserole dish. Combine melted butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Stir breadcrumbs into butter and garlic powder mixture until evenly coated. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of pasta.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until pasta mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
Artichoke Turkey Pizza
Prebaked pizza crust topped with turkey, tomatoes, artichokes, olives and cheese
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes or less
Ready: Less than 20 minutes
Make: 4 servings
- 1 12" baked thin pizza crust
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
- 1 can (2.5 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place crust on ungreased baking sheet.
- Top with artichokes, tomatoes, turkey and olives. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Zesty Turkey Wrap
Makes 6 wrap sandwiches
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ButterballÒ Turkey
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 (7-inch diameter) flour tortillas or 4 pita pockets
Combine turkey, onions, tomatoes and dressing in medium bowl. Place lettuce leaves towards one edge of each tortilla. Divide turkey salad among tortillas, placing on lettuce. Roll to wrap. If using pita pockets, cut pockets in half, line with lettuce and add turkey salad.