Former Football Star Pleads Not Guilty to Rape

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    DeMarco Whitley leaves the Cook County Circuit Courthouse in Rolling Meadows after entering a not guilty plea in an alleged sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl.

    A former Glenbard West High School football star on Thursday pleaded not guilty to charges he raped a 15-year-old classmate.

    DeMarco Whitley, 18, is accused of assaulting the teen girl in a Rolling Meadows parking lot last year.  Shortly after the alleged attack, Whitley was critically injured in a car crash.  His friend, Pierre Washington-Steel, was killed.

    He pleaded not guilty to five counts of criminal sexual assault.  Prosecutors said they charged him after the girl reported the assault and DNA test came back positive.

    After entering his plea, a judge agreed to modify the terms of his curfew so he could attend job training.  His lawyer told the court that Whitley had recently been hired by a fast food restaurant, TribLocal Glen Ellyn reported.

    Whitley is out of jail on $50,000 bond.  If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison.

    His next court appearance is April 12.