Two Chicago men were scheduled to appear in bond court Monday on allegations they threatened, harassed and demanded money from a 73-year-old priest in the Back of the Yards neighborhood last week.
Police said Deandrea Little, 22, and Markquis Little, 20, demanded money from a priest in a church in the 4700 block of South Damen Avenue in the morning hours of Nov. 4.
The two had a history of asking the priest for money, and police estimate that the priest had given the accused robbers approximately $10,000 in "numerous previous occasions."
Deandrea Little, of the 3900 block of West Lexington Street, and Markquis Little, of the 5400 block of South Ashland Avenue, were each charged with felony intimidation, felony stalking and felony attempted robbery, police said.
Police could not confirm any familial relationship between the two men.
More Local News from NBCChicago.com:
- Stolen Puppies Returned to Pet Store
- Snow Heads for Chicago
- Analyst Stands by Statement Suggesting D. Rose Could Leave Chicago
- Police Investigate Death of South Suburban Teen
- Rare Color Images Show Chicago in the 1940s
- Plane Returns to O'Hare After Engine Housing Detaches