Man Hospitalized After Mag Mile High-Rise Fire

Fire was in one 15th floor unit of 535 N. Michigan Ave., officials said

Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013  |  Updated 10:22 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Man Hospitalized After Mag Mile High-Rise Fire

advertisement

One person was hospitalized Wednesday morning after a fire in a high-rise building on the city's famed Magnificent Mile.

The fire was on the 15th floor of 535 N. Michigan Ave., which houses the Bandera restaurant on the ground floor.

One man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and treated for smoking inhalation, officials said. The man was listed in fair condition.

An intense amount of smoke from the 33-story building prompted officials to send several pieces of firefighting equipment.

The southbound lanes of Michigan Avenue were briefly shut down between Ohio and Ontario streets, with traffic being diverted onto Wacker Drive, police officials said.


Connect with NBC Chicago: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | AppsNewsletters

 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out