Space Heater Blamed for House Fire

Firefighters found themselves covered in ice after battling fire on 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue

Tuesday, Jan 7, 2014  |  Updated 4:34 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Space Heater Blamed for House Fire

advertisement

Several Chicago firefighters wound up covered in ice after dealing with a Monday night fire that was being blamed on a space heater.

Crews were called to the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue at about 10:30 p.m., officials said.

It took firefighters about an hour to get the 2-11 fire under control. No injuries were reported.

Fire officials said window drapes were ignited by a space heater.

The firefighting efforts were complicated by the extremely low and dangerous temperatures that gripped the Chicago area on Monday.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out