Chicago's Clarke House is gearing up to celebrate its 175th anniversary.
The house, located at 1827 S. Indiana Ave., in the South Loop, was built back in 1836 for a New York couple. Henry Brown Clarke and his wife Caroline wanted to move to the new city on the prairie.
The home is considered one of the best remaining examples of Greek Revival style architecture in the Midwest and has been designated a historic landmark.
The home has survived several fires and has even been moved a couple of times. Preservationists are planning special lectures and tours for the end of the month.