The mothers of two children who were burned in an acid attack earlier this week have filed a lawsuit blaming the building's management.
The mothers claim workers carelessly left the chemical that was used in the attack on the porch and within easy access to young people.
Nala Armstrong, 11, and Adrian Bennet, 10, were severely burned when the chemical was thrown on them Tuesday afternoon in what appears to be a case of violent teen angst.
Several tenants reportedly said a worker employed by the defendants left the sulfuric acid on the back porch several months before the incident, the suit alleges.
The six-count negligence suit seeks more than $300,000 in damages, in addition to attorney fees and the costs of the suit.