Cooked Peppers Prompt Evacuation of Suburban Motel

Guests of Buffalo Grove Extended Stay America complained of burning in their throats

Friday, Jun 27, 2014  |  Updated 9:01 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Cooked Peppers Prompt Evacuation of Suburban Motel

Ken Herzlich, Network Video Productions

A motel in Buffalo Grove, northwest of Chicago, was evacuated Thursday night after guests complained of burning in their throats.

Firefighters traced the odor to someone cooking hot peppers on a stove on the first floor of the Extended Stay America, on the 1500 block of East Busch Parkway.

The hazardous materials response was requested at about 8:30 p.m. on reports of noxious fumes. Arriving firefighters were met with guests who complained of burning in the back of their throats.

The facility was ventilated and guests were allowed back into their rooms by 10:45 p.m.

No one was hospitalized or injured.

News breaks at inconvenient times.  Download one of the NBCChicago mobile apps and have the news come to you. Watch live streaming newscasts, receive critical push notifications on the go and stay in touch with your city around the clock. 

 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out