Zagat has released its third annual "Chicago 30 Under 30" list of the city’s top "up-and-coming culinary industry superstars" under the age of 30.
This year's list of honorees includes a cheesemonger, chicken expert, brewer and a sausage maker.
"This year, we ventured further," Zagat writes in its blog, "to find honorees who are not only preparing incredible food and drinks in some of the city’s top restaurants and bars, but are also growing the produce and crafting the spirits that make eating out possible in the first place."
The list is below. For a map of the restaurants, click here.
- Sieger Bayer, 27, Chef de Cuisine at Leghorn Fried Chicken
- Bryan Bland, 29, Head Cheesemonger at Bar Pastoral
- Lisa Bonjour, 29, Pastry Chef at mk The Restaurant
- Joe and Mac Boumaroun, 29 and 27, Owners at 25 Degrees Restaurant
- Brendan Blume and Matthew Ritchey, 26 and 29, Co-Owner and Co-Owner/Head Brewer at Begyle Brewing, Co.
- Simon Davies, 24, Chef de Cuisine at Alinea
- Zaida Mikayla Dedolph, 26, Retail Manager at Intelligentsia Coffee Old Town
- Elana Green, 27, Director of Operations at Land & Sea Dept
- Tim Havidic, 24, Executive Chef at iNG
- Adam Hebert, 26, Owner and Managing Partner at The Radler
- Kelly Helgesen, 28, Pastry Chef at Lula Cafe
- Courtney Joseph, 27, Pastry Chef at Takashi and Slurping Turtle
- Gregory Laketek, 28, Owner and Salumiere at West Loop Salumi
- Jacqlyn Lancaster and Jeremy Leven, 28 and 29, Managing Partner and Chef/Partner at Tuesday Night Dinner and Border Oak
- Wade Hall McElroy, 28, Managing Partner at Sportsman's Club
- Kevin McMullen, 27, Executive Chef at The Brixton
- Micah Melton, 28, Chef de Cuisine (Cocktails) at The Aviary
- Dave and Megan Miller, 29 and 25, Co-Owner and Co-Owner/Pastry Chef at Bang Bang Pie Shop
- Kate Purvis, 28, Market & Sales Manager and Volunteer Coordinator at Plant Chicago NFP and Entrepreneur at The Salty Prawn
- Alex Renshaw, 29, Beverage Director at DrumBar and Menin Hospitality
- Dan Salls, 26, Owner and Chef at The Salsa Truck & The Garage
- Anna Shovers, 28, Pastry Chef at The Publican and Publican Quality Meats
- Jenny Solberg, 26, Co-Owner and Operator at Rhine Hall Distillery
- Erin Stanley, 27, Sausage Maker at The Butcher & Larder
- Edward Sura, 29, Chef de Cuisine at Perennial Virant
- Christopher Teixeira, 26, Executive Pastry Chef at Homestead on the Roof, Berkshire Room and West Town Bakery
- Jennifer Tietz, 29, Wine Director at Tru Restaurant
- Aaryn Thompson, 29, Bartender at Big Star
- Michael Trow, 29, Assistant General Manager, Beverage Director and Spiritual Advisor at River Roast
- Greg Wade, 25, Head Baker at Little Goat