Six people -- five men and one woman -- were killed and at least another 18 people wounded in shootings throughout the city late Friday through early Sunday.
• In the most recent attack, a man was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds in a yard on the 2800 block of South Homan Avenue about 1:05 a.m. Sunday, according to police. The man's ID was not immediately available early Sunday.
• About 4:15 a.m. Saturday, 41-year-old Jeanette Brown was shot at 6448 S. Bishop St. She was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn at 5:15 a.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
The shooting, which wounded another woman and man, occurred about 4:15 a.m., according to police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer.
The three were outside in front of a home at the Bishop Street address when two males approached on foot, opened fire on the victims, then fled scene. A 20-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to one of her arms and was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital where she was in good condition, police said. A 43-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the leg but refused medical attention.
• Meanwhile, two men were shot -- one fatally -- early Saturday in the South Side Gresham neighborhood.
About 1 a.m., two men were shot in the 8400 block of South Hoyne Avenue, according to police News Affairs. One man was shot in the head and the other suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the legs. Both men were taken to Christ Medical Center. The man shot in the head, Lionel Rattler, 35, of 8413 S. Seeley Ave., was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, according to the medical examiner's office.
• About 2:15 a.m., a man was found dead in an alley at North Bernard Street and West Irving Park Road with multiple gunshot wounds, a report from police News Affairs said. The man was identified as Devjuea Crittenden, 20, of 6441 S. Claremont Ave., according to the medical examiner's office.
• At 2:30 a.m., a 45-year-old man, identified as Henry Tellis, of 747 E. 89th St., according to the medical examiner's office, was found unresponsive and with a gunshot to the chest in a vehicle in the 8900 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue, Greer said.
According to unconfirmed dispatch reports, the vehicle was a blue Cadillac.
• A 30-year-old man died Saturday afternoon after being shot multiple times Friday night in the West Side Garfield Park neighborhood.
The man -- identified by the medical examiner's office as Javaris Walker, of 15855 State St. in South Holland -- was outside in the 3900 block of West Van Buren Street about 10:50 p.m. Friday when he was shot multiple times, police said.
Walker was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:52 p.m. Saturday, according to the medical examiner's office.
In other shootings:
• A man was critically wounded Friday night during a shooting in the South Side Oakland neighborhood.
About 9:18 p.m., a 28-year-old man was walking outside in the 4200 block of South Lake Shore Drive when a man fired shots, striking him in the head and back, according to police News Affairs. The gunman then fled west.
The victim was in critical condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
• A man was shot multiple times Friday night in the Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.
A 30-year-old man was outside in the 3900 block of West Van Buren Street about 10:50 p.m. when he heard shots and felt pain, according to police News Affairs. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the body. He was taken in serious-to-critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, Fire Media Affairs spokesman Kevin MacGregor said.
• Two men were shot while they were standing on a corner in the South Side Auburn Gresham neighborhood late Friday.
About 11 p.m. the two victims, ages 25 and 29, were standing outside on the corner at 7900 South Laflin Street when they heard shots, then felt pain, according to police News Affairs. The 25-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the back and was in "stable" condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said. The 29-year-old was shot in the thigh and was at Stroger Hospital, also "stable," police said.
• Two people were wounded Friday night during a shooting in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
Two people were shot in the 6500 block of South Laflin Street about 11:10 p.m., Fire Media Affairs spokesman Kevin MacGregor said. One person was taken “stable” condition to Holy Cross Hospital and the other person was taken in serious condition to Stroger Hospital.
• Two men were shot Friday night while playing dice in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
The shooting happened in the 6500 block of South Justine Street about 11 p.m., according to police News Affairs. The two victims, ages 22 and 24, were outside playing dice when a male offender emerged from a gangway, fired shots, then fled scene, police said. The 22-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to the back and buttocks and the 24-year-old suffered a gunshot to the hand, police said.
The 24-year-old man was taken in “stable” condition to Holy Cross Hospital and the other man was taken in "stable" condition to Stroger Hospital, police said.
• A 26-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds in a shooting early Saturday in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
About 2:07 a.m., police responded to a call in the 5100 block of South Wood Street and found the victim shot on the sidewalk, according to police News Affairs. The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the body, police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was "stable," police said.
• A girl was shot while out with a group of friends on the West Side early Saturday.
At 2:20 a.m. the 14-year-old girl was standing with a group of friends when she heard multiple shots and realized she was wounded in the buttocks, according to police. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where her condition was not life-threatening and no one was arrested.
• A male was shot early Saturday in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side.
At 3:05 a.m., a male was shot in the back in the 8100 block of South Avalon Avenue, according to police News Affairs. Hospital and condition information, as well as the victim's age, were not immediately available.
• A 20-year-old man was shot multiple times Saturday evening in the Little Village neighborhood.
About 7 p.m. the man was walking in the 2800 block of South St. Louis Avenue when he heard gunshots and felt pain, according to police.
The man was shot in the groin and leg and took himself to Mount Sinai Hospital, the release said. His condition was not immediately known.
• Two teenage boys were shot behind a restaurant during a possible drive-by Saturday afternoon in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
At 3:35 p.m., the boys were shot during a possible drive-by behind a restaurant in an alley in the 3800 block of West 79th Street, according to police.
A 15-year-old boy was shot in the left thigh and a 16-year-old boy was shot in the left calf. Hospital and condition information was not available.