County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said the investigation into improper storage of bodies at the Cook County morgue continues.
Two Cook County morgue employees suspended earlier this week are now out of a job.
The pair was let go in connection with alleged involvement in the overcrowding of bodies at the morgue, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said the investigation into improper storage of bodies continues.
Autopsy technician Joel Neason and another employee were handed their termination notices on Wednesday, the Sun-Times reports.
After Neason was fired, he allegedly threatened to return to the morgue with a gun. Authorities said Neason was charged with simple assault in connection with the gun threat.
Ministers have protested the treatment of the dead at the morgue following initial reports of bodies piling up for weeks, and Preckwinkle promised a complete overhaul of the office.