Police are warning businesses and retail stores on the North Side after a string of thefts took place in the last month, most of them within the Bucktown neighborhood.
At least seven robberies have taken place in the last month, officials said.
Offenders allegedly enter retail stores and businesses by force and take computers and accessories.
Police said the burglaries took place at the following locations:
- Dec. 2 in the 2100 block of North Damen Avenue between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Dec. 12 in the 2100 block of North Elston Avenue at 4:49 a.m.
- Dec. 13 in the 2100 block of North Damen Avenue at 4:50 a.m.
- Dec. 20 in the 1900 block of North Damen Avenue between 5:10 a.m. and 5:14 a.m.
- Dec. 21 in the 1800 block of North Damen Avenue at 5:16 a.m.
- Between Dec. 31 and Jan. 2 in the 1300 block of West North Avenue between 6:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
- Jan. 4 in the 1900 block of North Damen Avenue at 635 a.m.
The suspects are described as black men, between 35 and 45 years old, standing between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-10, and weighing 180-250 pounds.
Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.