Get ready for some summer fun Chicago.
The Chicago Park District has unveiled their lineup for 2013’s Movies in the Park, featuring 195 screenings of everything from classic oldies to modern box office hits.
The movies will be screened at 150 different parks throughout the city beginning June 13 with “Rise of the Guardians” at Ken-Well Park and will continue through September 14 with a finale of “Stomp the Yard” at Marquette Park.
Admission is fere and all movies begin at dusk (weather permitting).
Since the events are such a summer hit, here’s a few selections to add to your list of must-see shows.
Family Friendly Shows
- Dr. Suess’ The Lorax at Riis Park on June 19
- The Sandlot at Cricket Hiill on July 30
- Hotel Transylvania at Archer Park on Agusut 8
- Back to the Future at A. Montgomery Ward Park on June 25
- E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial at Northerly Islan Park on July 8
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at Harold Washington PLaylot Park on July 23
- The Life of Pi at Loyola Park on July 20
- The Help at Williams-Davis Park on July 27
- Ray at Garfield Park on August 3