Tom Thibodeau gave his team the day off on Wednesday, but it’s back to work at the Berto Center on Thursday as the team prepares to travel to Champaign to play the Cleveland Cavaliers at Assembly Hall on the University of Illinois campus on Friday.
The Bulls first exhibition contest against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday went fairly well as the team won, but struggled to score in the fourth quarter, squandering a 16-point lead to only win by four points, 92-88. It’s sure to be a point of emphasis on the practice court and in the film room.
It’s tough to draw conclusions after one preseason game, but the team doesn’t look as bad on the court as it did on paper as things were coming together over the summer. There’s a solid core of starters and the reserves appear to have the potential to be better than the previous set from years prior.
With six more preseason games to go, there’s more than enough time between now and Halloween when the 2012-13 season officially opens for the Bulls to iron out any kinks in their system on both sides of the ball.
- Taj Gibson could break fans hearts (NBA.com)
- Two players Bulls will have a tough time cutting (Bleacher Report)
- adidas Rose 3 ‘Chicago Fire’ edition (KicksOnFire)
- Marquis Teague could struggle to find minutes (Kentucky Sports Radio)
- Rose 3 ‘Chicago Fire’ edition (KicksOnFire)