After the signing of veteran guard Nate Robinson, the Chicago Bulls have been rumored to be looking to add another veteran free-agent for the upcoming season.
One of the names that have surfaced is Tracy McGrady who the team has some familiarity with after working him out prior to the 2010-2011 season. But another name that has popped up of late is power forward Kenyon Martin.
Martin, a 12-year veteran, finished the season last year in a reserve role with the Los Angeles Clippers after playing part of the year in China as a result of the NBA lockout. His addition would certainly bring a measure of toughness to the team as well as depth in the frontcourt which has been the Bulls strength over the last two seasons.
His defensive acumen would also fit right in with what the team has become famous for and he’d be the type of player that Tom Thibodeau would love.
For his career, the 34 year old Martin has averages of 13 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Bulls interested in Kenyon Martin? (Gather.com)
- Chicago’s strange summer (ESPN)
- Possible free-agent targets for the Bulls in the summer of ’13 (Gather.com)
- The shoes Derrick Rose would’ve worn in the gold medal game (Examiner.com)
- Predicting next season’s rotation (Bleacher Report)