Several schools and businesses were reporting closures and cancellations ahead of this week's dangerously cold temperatures.
Here are some of the reported closings:
- Aurora District 129 schools and offices will remain closed Tuesday.
- Chicago Public Schools will be closed Tuesday. District officials will make an announcement by noon Monday on whether or not classes will resume Wednesday. Chicago Park District facilities will be open for families seeking alternative youth programs and services.
- Valparaiso University canceled classes Monday and Tuesday.
- North Shore School District 112 said all schools will be closed again Tuesday. All before and after-school activities will also be canceled, officials said.
- All East Aurora District 131 schools and administrative buildings will remain closed Tuesday. All after-school activities and committee meetings are also canceled. Custodial and maintenance staff should report to first shift Tuesday in order to monitor the conditions of the District buildings. No other staff should report to schools or administrative buildings.
- Northeastern Illinois University will be closed Tuesday.
- Loyola Academy classes were canceled Tuesday, along with all school-related activities, events and athletic practices.
- All After School Matters programs have been canceled for Tuesday due to the extreme weather. Programs will resume with their regular schedules Wednesday.
- Calumet Public School District 132 will be closed for students Monday and Tuesday.
- All District 54 schools will be closed Tuesday, officials said.
- Success Schools LLC at 214 S. Wabash will be closed Tuesday.
For more school closings click here.
- The Shedd Aquarium will be closed Tuesday. The Shedd plans to reopen Wednesday morning, but is advising visitors to check the Shedd's website and Facebook page for updates.
- The Adler Planetarium will be closed to the public Tuesday. The museum plans to reopen Wednesday.
- All Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago, including the organization's Club Support Center, will be closed Tuesday due to severe winter weather. Club members are urged to call their local club or check the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago website before going to their respective club on Wednesday.
- The Museum of Science and Industry will be closed Tuesday. Conditions will be evaluated Monday afternoon to determine if the museum will reopen Wednesday.
We will continue to update as closures and cancellations are reported.