A 32-year-old Lemont man was electrocuted Friday while trimming a tree at his home in the southwest suburb.
The Will County Coroner’s office was not releasing the man’s name or address as of Saturday morning, pending notification of next of kin.
The man was on a ladder trimming a tree when the ladder made contact with an overhead high-voltage wire, the coroner’s office said.
He was taken to Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:01 p.m. Friday.
An autopsy was scheduled for Saturday.