Lake in the Hills Fire Leaves Three Families Homeless

No one was injured in the blaze

By Andrew Greiner
|  Monday, Apr 12, 2010  |  Updated 10:30 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Miraculously no one was seriously hurt in this gas fire.

Miraculously no one was seriously hurt in this gas fire.

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

All the residents of a townhouse community in Lake in the Hills escaped with out injury after a gas main exploded and started a violent fire.

Neighbors assisted in evacuating the homes that were on fire. But three families are now homeless.

Resident’s heard an explosion and ran outside before fire alarms went off.

“We were very, very lucky because this was a gas fire,” said a firefighter on the scene. 

Firefighters responded to a blaze that was blowing out a roof at 118 Polaris Road. Nicor was called to the scene to shut down an open gas line.

Officials are still trying to determine the exact cause of the fire that destroyed two homes in total.   
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out