Our coverage of this live event has concluded.
The Job One Panel will feature speeches from Mayor elect Rahm Emanuel and discussion from an array of business executives and civic leaders in Chicago on education.
- Penny Pritzker, Chairman and CEO of Pritzker Realty Group, part of the President’s Council for Jobs and Competitiveness, and Chair of the Chicago Public Education Fund
- Brad Keywell, creator of Connect to the Future program
- Cheryl Hyman, Chancellor of City Colleges of Chicago
- Edward B. Rust, Chairman of the Board and CEO of State Farm Mutual
- Greg Capelli, CEO of the Appollow Group\
- John Rogers, Chairman, CEO and Cheif Investment Officer of the Ariel Fund and Ariel Appreication fund as well as chairman of the Economic Club of Chicago and director of the Chicago Urban League
Mayor Richard Daley is also expected to be in attendence.
Panelists plan to talk about the importance of educating America's student to compete in the global economy. They will also discuss the current labor market and skills required for the 21st Century workforce.
The Education Nation Summit is a chance for parents, educators and students meet with leaders in politics, business and technology to discuss education today. The summit tours the country each year to discuss critical issues facing local school systems and what communities are doing to improve them.
Moderating the event tonight are MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, host of Andrea Mitchell Reports and NBC Chicago's Lisa Parker, and award winning Target 5 consumer report and anchor for NBC 5 Chicago.