Girl, 6, Severely Burned Playing with Lighter

The little girl suffered second-degree burns

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Girl was badly burned Monday night after she accidentally set herself on fire in a home in the city?s North Austin neighborhood. (Published Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011)

    A 6-year-old girl was badly burned Monday night after she accidentally set herself on fire in a home in the city’s North Austin neighborhood.

    Police say the girl was playing with a lighter in her grandmother’s bedroom when her T-shirt caught on fire around 10:30 p.m. Monday.

    She ran out of the room, screaming for her father, who managed to put the fire out in the kitchen sink, police said.

    An advanced life support ambulance took the little girl to Stroger Hospital, where she is being treated for second-degree burns over 10 to 15 percent of her body.