Fire Spreads Through Glenwood Strip Mall

The fire spread to several other neighboring businesses

By Ivanna Hampton
|  Thursday, Apr 7, 2011  |  Updated 7:49 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A fire broke out in south suburban Glenwood early Thursday morning. No one was hurt.

Ivanna Hampton

A fire broke out in south suburban Glenwood early Thursday morning. No one was hurt.

A fire burned through a strip mall in south suburban Glenwood overnight Thursday. 

The blaze started around 12:15 a.m. at 305 Glenwood Lansing Road, said Glenwood Police Chief Demetrius Cook. 

The flames spread from Bolo and Lulu's Shark's Chicken and Fish restaurant to nearby businesses, including a daycare, hair salon and insurance company, Cook said. 

Officials couldn't confirm reports of an explosion preceding the fire, he said. 

No one was hurt.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out