Fire Scare After Senior Tries to Dry Clothes in Microwave

Fire broke out at Emeritus at Burr Ridge

Monday, Sep 2, 2013  |  Updated 8:43 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Scare After Senior Dries Clothes in Microwave

A small fire broke out Monday afternoon at a suburban senior living community after a resident tried to dry clothes in a microwave, officials said.

The resident and four staff members at the Emeritus at Burr Ridge were taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

About 10 other residents were relocated to another part of the facility at 6801 High Grove Boulevard.

The fire activated the sprinkler system.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out