Chili's Accused of Serving 4-Year-Old Girl Liquor

Mom says girl served a Mudslide instead of chocolate shake

By Marcus Riley
|  Monday, Apr 18, 2011  |  Updated 11:20 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
4-Year-Old Girl Served Liquor at Chili's?

Brooklyn, 4, was diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose

A Chicago mother claims her 4-year-old daughter was inadvertantly served alcohol at a South Side Chili's restaurant Sunday night.

Tyree Davis says she ordered her daughter, Brooklyn, a chocolate shake, but received a Mudslide instead -- an alcoholic drink containing vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream.

Davis says she knew something was wrong when her daughter didn't want to finish the drink.

"She (waitress) tried to take the drink and leave the shake and I said no, leave the drink and go get your manager. And that's when I pulled out my camera phone and I took pictures. And after I took the pictures, I called the police," Davis says.

Brooklyn was diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose at a local hospital.

A police report has been filed.

Chili's officials dispute the family's version of what happened and is investigating the incident.

A Michigan family filed suit last week after a 15-month-old boy was mistakenly served margarita mix instead of apple juice at an Applebee’s.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out