Chicago Park District Opens More Pools
Ten of 12 closed pools are now open through Labor Day
According to the park district, 10 of 12 outdoor swimming pools under repair have opened over the last two weeks after state standards were met. Six reopened Sunday, the Chicago Sun-Times
Two years ago, safety rules mandated the replacement of all pool drains, and in October 2011, the state shut down 550 pools because of non-compliance with the new regulations.
Of the dozen pools in need of repairs the following have reopened:
- Abbott Park, 49 W. 95th St.
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon Ave.
- Fuller Park, 331 W. 45th St.
- Gage Park, 2411 W. 55th St.
- Hale Park, 6258 W. 62nd St.
- Jefferson Memorial Park, 4822 N. Long Ave.
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma
- Pulaski Park, 1419 W. Blackhawk
- River Park, 5100 N. Francisco Ave.
- Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph.
The park district expects to reopen the Hamlin Park and Portage park pools this week, according to the Sun-Times.
Signs at the pools yet to be opened will update patrons on opening schedules and refer them to nearby pools. The Chicago Park District website has more information on both indoor and outdoor swimming pool facilities.
Outdoor pools are set to remain open through Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 3.